Monday, March 1, 2010

Storms and Blessings

Something unexpected happen this weekend and caught us all off guard. I was in the grocery store on Sat. I get a call from Zach's mom and I can tell by her voice that something is wrong. So I ask "whats up" she tells me that Zach's dad had passed away and she was looking for Zach. Shock!!! I call Zach and he tells me that his sister(who discovered him) had called him and he was on his way over there. Unfortunately he found out that his dad was indeed gone.

The blessing comes is that we went over there fri night and saw him. Sadly we did not go over there as much as we should have and had been severel weeks since our last visit. This is so special to us because the kids(all but Eli, he spent the night with my parents for the first time) got to play with pappy and he took some pictures with his camera of the boys. I got these developed today, and it was so neat to see what he thought was "picture worthy." He loved his grandkids! We feel God granted him and us this time to say our goodbyes. All week he had been telling his mother that he needed to see his kids and gkids, so he planned fri nights event. We now understand his urgancy. God was guiding him so he could see his family. One thing that broke my heart, I was helping him learn how to use in new insulin pen and we went into his room to put it up and I noticed him messing with a picture of Eli and I did not think much of this, but I just noticed it. He placed it against the books on his shelf. The next day after his passing we are in his room and he had stuck that picture of Eli IN the books facing his chair so he could look at it. He passed away in that chair. He mentioned that night how he really wanted to see Eli. Breaks my heart that he did not get to. This just teaches how important your family is and to cherish your time together.

My prayers are with my sweet husband and his family during this time of grief.

2 comments:

  1. We are praying for you all during this difficult time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praying for you and your family during this time. I am so sorry to hear about your loss.

    ReplyDelete